Interest in becoming a session chair at ASM19.
Our Education Advisory Committee has changed the process for session chairing. Session chairs will be invited and selected to participate by the Education Advisory Committee.
In order for the Education Advisory Committee to implement this process, interested individuals will be required to first register for ASM19 and reserve their sessions of choice. Please submit the attached form to Teresa Tomassetti at email@example.com before the expiry of the early bird registration of March 18, 2019. In addition, please rank the sessions you wish to chair in order of preference.
Following the submission of this form you will be notified in writing if your request to be a session chair has been approved by the Education Advisory Committee.
The duties / responsibilities included in session chairing:
- Session Chair Training is mandatory for those individuals selected to become session chairs
- Connect with the room monitor who will be given instructions to introduce themselves to you
- Generally overseeing the session and fielding any issues to room monitor and/or show management
- Ensuring crowd control and audience safety are observed
- Arranging to meet the speaker prior to his/her presentation
- Introduction of the speaker, thanking the speaker and providing them with their honorarium envelope and thank you letter
- Handling questions as required
We sincerely appreciate your interest and commitment in wanting to participate as a Session Chair which is an integral part of contributing to the overall success of the ASM.
Shawn Steele, DDS
Chair, Education Advisory Committee and Annual Spring Meeting