The ODA will be seeking volunteers to chair sessions for ASM20 in mid-January 2020. Volunteers will receive complimentary early bird registration*, along with Host Suite privileges** (including breakfast and lunch) on the day(s) they volunteer.
Session Chair Duties Include:
- Completion of ASM20 Session Chair Training
- Overseeing sessions, handling attendee questions and addressing any attendee issues with the assistance of the room monitor and/or show management
- Ensuring crowd control and audience safety
- Arranging to meet the speaker prior to his or her presentation
- Introducing and thanking the speaker, and providing the speaker with their thank you letter and honorarium
All volunteers will first be required to register for ASM20 and reserve their sessions. Following registration and submission of the volunteer application form, the ODA will notify successful volunteer applicants and refund their registration fees.
When completing your volunteer application form, please ensure you rank the sessions you wish to chair in order of preference. While the ODA will make every effort to assign volunteers to their preferred session(s), we cannot guarantee all preferences can be accommodated. In addition, due to the limited number of Category 1 (Core) lectures, volunteers will only be permitted to chair one Category 1 (Core) lecture.
* Volunteer session chairs will be refunded the cost of complimentary early bird registration only. Additional registration fees, including the Best Value Package (BVA, BVB) and hands-on event workshops, are at your expense and not covered by the volunteer early bird registration refund.
** A Host Suite Pass will be provided to volunteers during Session Chair Training.